No longer does accessibility just mean access: accessibility is now synonymous with usability. We can help you and your organization enhance accessibility and usability with our Accessibility Services.
What we do:
- Assess compliance needs for the organization
- Educate employees on Section 503 issues to develop an inclusive workforce
- Identify accessibility issues
- Chart a path to meet your goals
- Recommend remediation for accessibility issues
- Train your staff through accessibility training modules and workshops
Ensure that your applications, web content, and documents work with Assistive Technology.
- We will thoroughly test your websites, products, and applications for accessibility for different types of needs, including keyboard and switch access, contrast, toolbar access, and image descriptions.
- We will provide your organization a game plan to remediate any accessibility issues, including website accessibility and platform management.
- Freedom Scientific can provide expert guidance and evaluation to assist in creating accessible software and hardware products.
- We also offer custom script-writing and configuration services to ensure that assistive technology products like JAWS® and MAGic® work seamlessly with your applications.
We can help you mitigate risks and ensure that accessibility is done right by enabling faster adoption of new technologies that address your business goals and requirements. You can ensure that accessibility is done right the first time with a consultation from one of our accessibility experts. In the consultation, our experts will work with you to:
- Create customized ongoing training modules to ensure that your employees are kept up to date in best practices and continually educated with our Accessibility Training modules, created in partnership with IBM.
- Work with you to ensure that your products are usable by people with disabilities and meet the ADA, WCAG 2.0, and Section 508 compliance standards.
Assistive Technology Configuration Management
- We provide implementation and management of assistive technology in a professional environment for both large and small businesses. With over 25 years of expertise, we offer full integration services and support for Information Technology professionals and employees with disabilities in the use of Assistive Technology.
- Installation, integration, and configuration of assistive technology require an in-depth knowledge of both Assistive Technology (AT) and Information Technology (IT). We offer a complete support package to meet the needs of both large and small businesses to support the Information Technology professional and employees with disabilities in the use of Assistive Technology in an Information Technology environment.
- Accessibility training modules are eLearning training solutions that help organizations manage the risks associated with non-compliance. These accessibility training modules were created to transform the way businesses manage and integrate accessibility compliance throughout the entire organization. The training we provide is customized so it will fit your company's needs and keep your organization up to date on current government regulations and industry accessibility standards.
- We offer workshops to train your personnel with the skills they need to create accessible products. Our workshop topics include Creating Accessible Documents, Web Page Testing, Basics of Assistive Technology Script Writing, and Script Development. We provided on-site training or hands-on workshops in major U.S. cities.
- We also offer webinars on developing accessible documents in Microsoft® Word®, Excel®, PowerPoint®, and PDF, the basics of scripting, creating accessible HTML forms and tables, and how to test websites for accessibility.
- One-on-one: JAWS Tandem™, a remote control feature of JAWS, provides an opportunity for quality one-on-one training or consulting from the JAWS experts. Learn to use JAWS with your own computer, or let us evaluate your application or website for accessibility compliance.
- The Freedom Scientific Training Bundles contain high-quality one-on-one training modules produced in audio format, using the DAISY standard, which allows for easy navigation and bookmarking of the training material. The JAWS Training Bundle and Apple iOS Training Bundle are designed to be starting places for both new users and those who need refresher training. They are self-paced and can be completed in a time frame based on individual user needs.
The information and articles in this section are free resources for you to use in your organization.
ARIA - Introduction (part 1 of 3) is a helpful overview of ARIA, the technical standard that can be used as guidelines to make Web pages and applications accessible.
For more information and more articles and white papers, send us an email or call 1-877-775-9474.
- An open and dynamic work environment where people can and do succeed
- A commitment to excellence among our staff
- An emphasis on respect and quality in how we treat our customers and each other
- A dedication to improve the quality of life for people with disabilities
- A unique combination of unparalleled accessibility support for both providers and consumers of ICT